- Where are your studios? Our regular venues are all in London Zone 1. Elephant & Castle, City (Moorgate / Liverpool Street) and Camden Town. Prices quoted for lessons at these studios include studio hire.
- How do home lessons work? If you have sufficient space at home and are based within Zones 1-3, you can book a home visit lessons subject to availability. These have a minimum of 90 minutes duration due to travel time but are cheaper pro-rata as there's no studio hire.
- What if we want to use our gym or work space? If you can provide a venue that is free to use then it will be the same terms as a home lesson. If the other venue has a fee to hire then that would need to be arranged separately.
- Do you do packages? For years Emma has resisted 'packages' as her prices are competitive without them and enforcing packages is usually a way to upsell clients into a set number of lessons whether they need them or not. However as people often ask for multiple lessons, she is now offering a three lesson discount on full prices, however flexible booking remains and there are discounts on off peak times and certain venues so you can still pay as you go at a reasonable rate.
- How many lessons do we need? This really varies depending on what you want to achieve, how much experience you have and how much time you have to practise between sessions. Usually 3-6 lessons for a choreographed routine but a couple or even just one can make all the difference for a few basics.
- When should we start? If you have left it late then just as soon as possible so as not to rush in the final few days but ideally a few months before so you can relax and have time to practise.
- How do we know what kind of dance we want? Some songs lend themselves to a particular dance style (i.e. a Waltz) and others are more freestyle. As Emma teaches a wide range of social dances and has experience in choreographing to all kinds of music, you can be free to choose the song you love and work with her to create a routine (or just learn a few basic moves) that you feel comfortable with.
- What if we have a really small space? Let Emma know your practical considerations (such as a small space or if your dress is going to restrict your movement etc) and she will adapt the movements accordingly.
- What if I / my partner really can't dance? Everyone can dance a little bit, it's a case of finding what's comfortable. You don't have to have a complicated, extravagant routine if that's not your style. You can just learn a few movements to feel more confident. Trust Emma, she will work with you to make it as fun and painless as possible!
About Emma Weir, Dance Tutor and Choreographer